1. Why Premillennialism must be rejected.
Some fatal objections to this view.
2. Why Amillennialism must be rejected.
Satan's little season fatal to five main tenets of
3. Why Rushdoony's Postmillennialism must be
4. Why orthodox, Puritan Postmillennialism is the
1) Binding of Satan must be the progress of the
2) The thousand years must refer to period of great
3) The reigning with Christ refers to the glorious
advance of the cause for which the martyrs died.
4) The first resurrection is the glorious reviving
of the church on earth.
5) The second resurrection is the resurgence of
ungodliness in Satan's little season.
5. Some confirmatory evidence.
1) Parallel Ez 37-48
2) Destruction of antichrist, 2 Thess 2:8; Isa 11:4.
3) Israel's ingathering, Rom 11
4) OT prophecy, Ps 22:27; 67:7;72:17-19; 86:9;
102:21;16; Mal 1:11.
Three facts of Biblical prophecy - only orthodox,
Puritan Postmillennialism squares with all three.
Practical application of these things.
For a fuller exposition on Rev 20:1-10 see series
Great Sermon! This is by far the best sermon on eschatology that I have ever heard. It expounds the biblical and puritan truth of Historic Postmill.
Howard Douglas King (3/18/2012)
from Hernando, Mississippi
Great Sermon! Dear Pastor,
I learned about the Puritan Hope from Ian Murray forty years ago, and I have loved this truth for all these years, but I have never heard it set forth with the clarity, logical force, simplicity and conviction that you have brought to the subject. God bless you! I am moved to tears. I will be sharing this with anyone who will listen.
Angela Wittman (12/12/2009)
from Southern IL - America
Great Sermon! Praise the LORD! For months I have been praying and asking the LORD where my thinking has gone wrong as I have been so very depressed over the current estate of affairs in the United States and elsewhere... Well, after listening to this sermon I now see that a faulty and ignorant view of God's Word concerning End Times and His return was the main culprit. Thank you SermonAudio.com and Rev. Silversides for making this sermon available to me and others. I am now planning to read the book "Puritan Hope". :)